Due to the rapidly evolving nature of the coronavirus (COVID-19), recommendations from Governor Pritzker and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Resurrection University is evaluating upcoming Commencement Ceremonies. This does not affect your ability to graduate/complete your program. Students will need to fulfill the necessary requirements, and Faculty ARE working diligently now on contingency plans that will allow you to complete your didactic and clinical requirements. We apologize for this inconvenience, and acknowledge that both Pinning and Commencement are important parts of your trajectory and celebration of your journey.
Summer 2020 Commencement has been rescheduled as a “Car-mencement” or Drive-Up ceremony. See below for more information.
Congratulations on graduating from Resurrection University
It’s a significant accomplishment that deserves to be celebrated. Here is all of the information you need to make sure your graduation experience is everything you hoped for. On behalf of the faculty and staff of Resurrection University, congratulations Graduate.
|Summer 2020 “Car-mencement” Drive-Up Ceremony|
Sunday, September 13, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Sunday, September 20, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|Summer 2020 Graduation & Pinning ceremonies have been rescheduled to socially distanced drive-up ceremonies. Graduates can reserve a time slot for graduation on either Sunday, September 13 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. OR on Sunday, September 20 between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.|
|Summer Graduates Regalia Order||Summer Graduates can purchase regalia online at this link.|
Order Deadline: Monday, August 17, 2020
Summer 2020 Car-mencement Drive-Up Graduation Information
How to attend:
- Date: Sunday, September 13 OR Sunday, September 20
- Graduates must register for a time slot to attend graduation
All graduates must be dressed in their cap/gown/hood to participate. All Master’s and Doctoral students will be hooded. We ask that you wear a mask. Masks may be removed during photographs.
Number of Cars & Instructions:
- Each graduate can have a maximum of 2 vehicles only
- Both cars must arrive at the same time to be placed in the procession line. If your second vehicle is late, it will not be able to participate in the procession.
- The vehicle(s) will follow the instructions of our dedicated traffic controllers.
- The vehicle will be in alignment with the graduate as they move along in the procession line.
All graduate vehicles will enter St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Surface Parking Lot from the Western Ave. entrance only. DO NOT TRY TO ENTER FROM LEMOYNE ST. YOU WILL BE REROUTED APPROPRIATELY. Once you enter the surface lot, your vehicle will be placed into the procession.
Once the graduate’s vehicle has made the turn onto Claremont Ave., the graduate only will exit their vehicle to check in at the corner of Lemoyne St. and Claremont Ave. The graduate will then be placed in the procession line. See this info sheet.
Honor Chords & Organization Pin
If a graduate has earned an honor cord and/or is a member of a ResU organization, they will receive these items up on check-in.
Graduates will be placed 6 feet apart in the procession line. Graduates will be pinned (receive stole with pin attached – undergraduates only) and then graduates will receive their degree.
- Only ONE person is permitted to exit their vehicle to take pictures when the graduate is being pinned and receiving the degree. Afterwards, the person MUST return to the vehicle and move as directed.
- A professional photographer will take pictures as the graduate is pinned and receives the degree. The graduate will process to the photographer’s
area to take pictures in front of the University’s banners.
- Information to purchase the pictures will be distributed by the photographers.
Once the graduate has completed photo session, we ask that you leave immediately.
ED-NUR Form Information
- Signed ED-NUR forms will be mailed to students approximately 2 weeks after graduation. They will be mailed to the address provided by the student on the ED-NUR form.
Cap and Gown Information
- Graduates must now order their caps and gowns online to be delivered to their personal address. Regalia will not be distributed on campus.
- Click here to order your cap and gown for Summer 2020 Graduation.
Deadline to order regalia is August 17, 2020.
- Undergraduates will be able to keep the gold tassel, cap and gown after the ceremony.
- To order announcements, diploma frames, and nursing pin guards (all are optional), also visit this link.
Graduation Pack Pickup Information (POSTPONED for Spring & Summer 2020 Graduates)
Dates for graduation pack pick-up will be announced at a later date. Reminder: Graduation packs do not include your cap and gown as these must be ordered online and shipped to your personal address.
- Directions to Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Pinning Ceremony tickets
- Pinning Name Card
- Graduation Ceremony tickets
- Graduation Name Card
Application for Graduation
Fill out and submit your graduation application at the link below. Graduates must submit a graduation application for approval to participate in commencement.