BSN for RNs
Nursing – BSN Post-Licensure (BSN for RNs) Program Admission Criteria
As the standards of the healthcare industry dictate the need for further nursing education, ResU offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses (BSN for RNs). This BSN is designed for the associate degree-level or nursing diploma RN who is looking to upgrade their credentials by bridging the gap between their current credential and the BSN. ResU offers the BSN for RNs program in both the online format and the hybrid format (mixture of in-class and online) with the working professional in mind. This seven-class program may be completed in as little as 16 months. For RNs wishing to pursue the MSN, ResU also offers a post-licensure RN to MSN program.
As an upper-division transfer school, nurses will need to transfer in semester credits in areas such as: General Education, Pre-Nursing Support and Nursing classes already taken. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
BSN for RNs Admission Criteria
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- A cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated form Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
- A cumulative nursing grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from all nursing courses completed)
- Must be a graduate of a NLNAC/ACEN accredited, IDFPR approved, and/or Diploma nursing program
- Must hold a current and unencumbered Illinois nursing license or an unencumbered nursing license from the state in which you reside (for out-of-state students enrolling in online program)
- Must transfer in about 99 semester credits in areas such as General Education, Pre-Nursing Support and Nursing classes already taken
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, ResU works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
BSN for RNs Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- Submit a copy of your current Illinois Nursing License or license from the state in which reside (for out-of-state students enrolling in online program)
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSN for RN program starts in the Fall, Spring, and Summer terms each year.
- Fall application deadline is July 15th or until all seats are filled
- Spring application deadline is November 15th or until all seats are filled
- Summer application deadline is March 30th or until all seats are filled
This section was designed to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the BSN for RNs program.Read More
Create Your My ResU Page and Learn More
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSN for RN program? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your My ResU Page. This will allow you to:
- Learn more detailed information about your program of interest
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options