Admission Criteria for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Pre-Licensure Program
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- A cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
- An overall Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score of 68% or higher
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, ResU works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
All BSN Pre-Licensure Applicants are required to take the TEAS Exam
The Test of the Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. The TEAS exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, and science as well as English and language usage. The objective assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Registering for the TEAS Exam
The TEAS Exam is offered at Resurrection University on select dates. Students can register for the exam by filling out an online application and paying the application fee. Read more about the TEAS Exam and TEAS exam dates offered at ResU.
BSN Pre-Licensure Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit an official TEAS exam score (If possible, the exam should be taken and the score should be on file by the deadline for the semester applied for)
We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSN pre-licensure program starts in the Fall, Spring and Summer Semesters each year.
- Fall application deadline is April 1st or until all seats are filled
- Spring application deadline is September 1st or until all seats are filled
- Summer application deadline is February 1st or until all seats are filled
This section was designed to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the BSN program.Read More
All general education and pre-nursing courses must be completed before starting the BSN program. Check our college transfer guide to see which courses will transfer to ResU. To request a transcript evaluation, please email all unofficial transcripts from every college or university you have attended to email@example.com.Read More
Prerequisites General Education and Pre-Nursing Courses
|Social and Behavioral Sciences*||9|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
|Physical and Life Sciences||7|
|General Chemistry (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with Lab)*||4|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with Lab)*||4|
|Microbiology (with Lab)*||4|
*Please note that all college math courses and the sciences courses must have been completed no more than seven years prior to your intended semester of enrollment. Physical and Life Sciences must include 1 course from each area. A course from Physical Sciences or Life Sciences must have a Lab (L) designation. General education physical and life sciences, college math, and social and behavioral sciences credits that have been fulfilled by nursing support coursework may be substituted with general elective coursework.
Create your My ResU Page and learn more
To create your My ResU Page, simply complete our Inquiry Form. This will allow you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSN Pre-Licensure Program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start you application process
- Register for TEAS Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options