RN to MSN
Admission Criteria for the RN to MSN Program
• Must be a graduate of a NLNAC/ACEN accredited IDFPR approved nursing program
• Must hold a current and unencumbered Illinois nursing license or have an unencumbered license from the state in which the student resides (for online BSN students)
• Must have a cumulative, undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (students must maintain a 3.00 GPA while enrolled in the BSN program in order to matriculate into the MSN program)
• Must have a cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated from Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
• Must have a cumulative nursing grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, ResU works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
As an upper-division transfer school, nurses will need to transfer in approximately 99 undergraduate semester credits to ResU in areas such as General Education, Pre-Nursing Support, and Nursing. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation.
RN to MSN Application Requirements
• Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
• Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
• Submit a copy of your current Illinois Nursing License or unencumbered license from the state in which you reside (if you plan to enroll in the online BSN program)
• Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
Star Dates and Application Deadlines
The RN to MSN program starts in the Fall and Spring semesters each year.
• Fall application deadline is July 15th
• Spring application deadline is November 15th
RN to MSN FAQs
If you don’t see your question answered here please contact us and we’ll gladly assist you.