DNP Admission Criteria
The Doctor of Nursing Practice
Resurrection University is proud to offer the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. Our newest program will allow nurses to advance to the highest level of nursing practice. This program will help graduates transform the evolving healthcare system locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Students may choose to focus on either Urban Health or Policy. This will allow students to learn and practice in diverse areas of Chicago. The DNP program is 32 semester hours in length and may be completed in approximately two years. The program is completely online. The DNP program starts in the Fall semester. Learn more about the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
DNP Admission Criteria
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 in all graduate nursing coursework
- A current and unencumbered Illinois RN license
We want you to succeed, and will honor your past achievements. Everyone’s journey is different, but we’re here to help you reach your destination in a way that works best for you. Using a holistic approach, ResU works with you by offering personalized, individualized plans that take into account your educational background, as well as your work experience and life experience.
DNP Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all graduate level courses in nursing
- Submit a copy of your current and unencumbered Illinois Nursing License
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit two letters of recommendation. It is suggested that at least one come from a nursing professor. The letters should detail the reasons the recommender feels the candidate would be successful in a DNP program.
- The GRE is required for all candidates whose cumulative graduate GPA is under a 3.25
- Once all of the above are submitted and reviewed, candidates will be contacted for a face to face interview with members of the academic faculty.
This section was designed to answer the most frequently asked questions about the DNP program.Read More
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The DNP program is anticipated to start in the Fall semester.
- Fall application deadline is June 15th or until all seats are filled.