The Remote TEAS Exam
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is Temporarily Remote
Remote TEAS Exam with Proctorio
Testing Services will now administer the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Exam remotely to individuals who are interested in applying to Resurrection University’s Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology programs. Review the information below to learn more about this test and the technical requirements for testing virtually, the registration process, and ADA accommodations.
Remote TEAS Exam Information
- To be considered for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program at ResU, you must complete the TEAS exam and receive a score of 68% or higher. Your score must be submitted and on file by the application deadline of the semester applied for. Click here for full admission requirements for the BSN program.
- To be considered for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) Program at ResU, you must complete the TEAS exam and receive a minimum exam score of 60% with a minimum Science sub-score of 60%. Your score must be submitted and on file by the application deadline of the semester applied for. Click here for full admission requirements for the BSIT program.
The TEAS Exam is a timed, computer-based exam. ATI TEAS has partnered with Proctorio, a remote proctoring platform, to administer exams remotely. Specific test details can be seen below:
The TEAS Exam is a timed, computer-based exam. ATI TEAS has partnered with Proctorio, a remote proctoring platform, to administer exams remotely.
|Subject||Time Limit||Test Length|
|Reading||64 minutes||53 questions|
|Math||54 minutes||36 questions|
|Science||63 minutes||53 questions|
|English||28 minutes||28 questions|
Based on feedback we have received from students who have successfully completed the TEAS exam, the ATI study guide is suggested as one of the most helpful test preparation resources. This guide can be purchased on the ATI website: Official ATI TEAS study manual (sixth edition). There are also other testing prep packages with the study guide and practice assessments that can be purchased at www.atitesting.com.
The technical requirements listed below are needed to take the exam:
- Microphone: Any microphone, either internal or external
- Webcam: 320×240 VGA resolution (minimum), internal or external
- Desktop or laptop computer (NO iPads, tablets, or phones are to be used) with the ability to download Google Chrome
Find a full list of ATI’s technical requirements at atitesting.com/technical-requirements.
To register for the TEAS exam, you must first submit an online ResU admissions application and application fee (non-refundable). The first time you take the TEAS exam with Resurrection University, the exam is included in your application fee and there is no additional cost to take the test. You are able to take the exam twice with ResU. In the event that you need to retake the exam, a retake fee will be required.
All remote TEAS exams will be administered virtually by a ResU Testing Services proctor and monitored by an ATI testing employee.
All exams will take place at 8:30am (CST) on the scheduled test date.
Applicants will need a valid government issued ID (Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, etc.) Must not be expired.
To receive ADA accommodations for the TEAS exam, applicants will need to provide documentation explaining their disability along with specific diagnostic codes. This documentation must also explain, in detail, the connection to the requested accommodations. Documentation could be a letter from a physician on their official letterhead, emailed directly to Mallory Martin at Mallory.Martin@resu.edu. For testing, a physician can be a psychologist, therapist, or counselor. Primary medical physicians will only be accepted for physical disabilities, such as visual impairments. Individuals may also provide documentation from a previous school. This information must be given significantly in advance to your scheduled exam to allow for accommodations to be implemented.