Saint Francis School of Radiography – Post Certification – Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT)
Now Offering the BSIT Post Certification Track
The Post Certification – Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology is designed to build on the knowledge base of ARRT licensed radiologic technologists from associate degree and certificate programs. The program’s focus will emphasize current quality standards and other areas of Modern Healthcare.
Post Certification BSIT Curriculum:
Many indicators point to the increased need for the Radiologic Technologist to possess a higher level of education in order to remain competitive in an ever-changing healthcare environment. The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists now requires further education and competency in all fields of imaging technology. In addition, the demand for healthcare managers is expected to increase according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov). Our program will meet the demands of the changing healthcare landscape and prepare our graduates to become the healthcare leaders of the future.
Areas of focus for the BSIT Post Certification program:
1. Strategic Communications – Educate our students to become effective communicators across the different levels of healthcare and business.
2. Interdisciplinary Collaboration – Foster an environment that creates interdisciplinary collaboration between the various professionals to ensure successful healthcare delivery.
3. The Global Impact of Radiant Energy – Research and analyze the global impact of radiant energy on the environment.
4. Strategic Leadership – Develop and cultivate the practical application of administration and management skills in the workplace.
21 Credit Hours must be completed
19 Credit Hours must be completed for Core Courses:
*IMT 304 – Strategic Communication: (4 credits)
*IMT 307 – Global Impact of Radiant Energy and the Environment: (5 credits)
*IMT 420 – Teamwork Collaboration in Healthcare: (4 credits)
*IMT 430 – Strategic Leadership (Capstone Project) (6 credits)
- Core Courses must be taken in sequence
- You can be enrolled in no more than one core course per semester
- 15 Week duration for Core courses
2 Credit Hours must be completed for Elective Courses:
- 7 or 15 week duration for Elective courses
- Electives developed for post certification curriculum developed through imaging focused lens