The Saint Francis School of Radiography Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) Program Admission Criteria
Resurrection University is happy to partner with The Saint Francis School of Radiography (SFSOR). Through this partnership, the SFSOR is now able to offer the Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology (BSIT) program for students who are interested in pursuing a career in the dynamic field of medical imaging and radiography. Due to our affiliation with the Presence Health System, ResU provides its students with supportive in-class experiences and top-notch clinical experiences within the largest Catholic Health System in Illinois.
BSIT Pre-Licensure Admission Criteria
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum HESI Exam score of 70% in each of 4 categories (Reading, Math, Science and English and language usage)
- Must be in good standing with all prior colleges and universities attended
BSIT Pre-Licensure Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- HESI Exam score on file (must be taken and on file by the deadline for the semester applied for)
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSIT pre-licensure program starts in the Fall semester only.
- Fall application deadline is July 15 (or until all seats are filled)
BSIT Educational Prerequisites
|General Education||Semester Hours|
|English Composition I & II||6|
|Social Science Electives||6|
|Physical Science||3 or 4*|
|Life Science||3 or 4*|
|Anatomy & Physiology I||4**|
|Introduction to Computers||3|
|Growth and Development/Lifespan||3|
|College Algebra (or higher)||3**|
* One lab is required between the physical science and the life science courses
** completed within the last five years
The Health Education Services Inc. (HESI) Exam helps determine if you’re ready to pursue your Bachelor’s in Imaging Technology. The HESI exam tests basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, as well as English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the HESI exam are those which educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of allied health program applicants.
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSIT pre-licensure program? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your own personal view book. Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about the BSIT program
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for the HESI Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options
BSIT Post-Licensure Track Admission Criteria.
Resurrection University and the St. Francis School of Radiography (SFSOR) are happy to announce the newest track in the College of Allied Health starting in the Fall of 2016! The Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology Post-Licensure track is designed to build on the knowledge base of ARRT licensed radiologic technologists from associate degree and certificate programs. The program’s focus will emphasize current quality standards and other areas of Modern Healthcare.
BSIT Post-Licensure Program Admission Criteria
- Resurrection University will grant a bank of 51 semester hours for previous radiography education earned
- Additional courses needed to complete Bachelor’s degree dependent on evaluation of individual transcripts
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- In possession of current ARRT Licensure