Nursing – BSN Post-Licensure (BSN for RNs) Program Admission Criteria.
As the standards of the healthcare industry dictate the need for further nursing education, ResU offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing for Registered Nurses (BSN for RNs). This post-licensure BSN is designed for the associate degree-level or nursing diploma RN who is looking to upgrade their credentials by bridging the gap between their current credential and the BSN. ResU offers the BSN for RNs program in both online and hybrid (mixture of in-class and online) formats with the working professional in mind. The seven-class program may be completed in as little as 16 months. For RNs wishing to pursue the MSN, ResU also offers a post-licensure RN to MSN program.
As an upper-division transfer school, nurses will need to transfer in about 99 semester credits in areas such as: General Education, Pre-Nursing Support and Nursing classes already taken. We highly recommend completing a transcript evaluation in order to understand the classes that would transfer and the classes still needed. I need a transcript evaluation!
BSN for RNs Admission Criteria
- A cumulative, undergraduate college grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale
- A cumulative science grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale (calculated form Chemistry, Microbiology, Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II)
- Must be a graduate of a NLNAC accredited, IDFPR approved, and/or Diploma nursing program
- Must hold a current and unencumbered Illinois nursing license
BSN for RNs Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- Submit a copy of your current Illinois Nursing License
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The BSN for RN program starts in the Fall and Spring terms each year.
- Fall application deadline is July 15th or until all seats are filled
- Spring application deadline is November 15th or until all seats are filled
Post-Licensure Educational Requirements
Check our college transfer guide to see which courses will transfer to ResU. To request a transcript evaluation, please email all unofficial transcripts from every college or university you have attended to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post-Licensure General Education and Nursing Support Prerequisites
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I||4|
|Human Anatomy & Physiology II||4|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Introduction to Computers||3|
|Developmental Psychology: Lifespan||3|
|English Composition I||3|
|English Composition II||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts||9|
|Social Behavioral Science Elective||3|
Are you ready for more detailed information on the BSN for RN program? Please fill out our Inquiry Form to create your own personal view book. Your view book allows you to:
- Learn more detailed information about your program of interest
- Set up an appointment with an admissions counselor
- Start the application process
- Fill out an application
- Register for TEAS Exam and upcoming ResU events
- Explore different financial aid options