The Doctor of Nursing Practice
Resurrection University is committed and proud to launch the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program. Our newest program will allow nurses to advance to the highest level of nursing practice. This program will help graduates transform the evolving healthcare system locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Students may choose to focus on either Urban Health or Policy. This will allow students to learn and practice in diverse areas of Chicago. The DNP program is 32 semester hours in length and may be completed in approximately two years. The program is completely online. The DNP program starts in the Fall semester. (You may view further details on this program on the Academics page, as well as through an electronic view book.)
DNP Admission Criteria
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 in all graduate nursing coursework
- A current and unencumbered Illinois RN license
- A current Advanced Practice Nurses license
DNP Application Requirements
- Submit an online application and fee ($50 nonrefundable)
- Submit official transcripts from all graduate level courses in nursing
- Submit a two-page personal statement detailing the reasons you wish to pursue the degree and how you feel the degree will enhance your career
- Submit a copy of your current Illinois Nursing License
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae
- Submit two letters of recommendation. Both should be submitted by nurses with either a DNP or PhD. It is suggested that at least one come from a nursing professor. The letters should detail the reasons the recommender feels the candidate would be successful in a DNP program.
- The GRE is required for all candidates whose cumulative graduate GPA is under a 3.25
- Once all of the above are submitted and reviewed, candidates will be contacted for a face to face interview with members of the academic faculty.
Start Terms and Application Deadlines
The DNP program is anticipated to start in the Fall semester.
- Fall application deadline is July 15th or until all seats are filled.