Now Offering the BSIT Post-Licensure Track
Resurrection University and the Saint Francis School of Radiography (SFSOR) are happy to announce our newest track in the College of Allied Health starting in the Fall of 2016. The Bachelor of Science in Imaging Technology Post-Licensure track is designed to build on the knowledge base of ARRT licensed radiologic technologists from associate degree and certificate programs! The program’s focus will emphasize current quality standards and other areas of Modern Healthcare.
This program is held at the Resurrection University North Campus, 355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, Illinois, 60202.
Many indicators point to the increased need for the Radiologic Technologist to possess a higher level of education in order to remain competitive in an ever-changing healthcare environment. The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists now requires further education and competency in all fields of imaging technology. In addition, the demand for healthcare managers is expected to increase according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (www.bls.gov). Our program will meet the demands of the changing healthcare landscape and prepare our graduates to become the healthcare leaders of the future.
Areas of focus for the BSIT Post-Licensure program:
1. Strategic Communications – Educate our students to become effective communicators across the different levels of healthcare and business.
2. Interdisciplinary Collaboration – Foster an environment that creates interdisciplinary collaboration between the various professionals to ensure successful healthcare delivery.
3. The Global Impact of Radiant Energy – Research and analyze the global impact of radiant energy on the environment.
4. Strategic Leadership – Develop and cultivate the practical application of administration and management skills in the workplace.
30 Credit Hours must be completed
19 Credit Hours must be completed for Core Courses:
*ARP 304 – Strategic Communication: (4 credits)
*ARP 307 – Teamwork Collaboration in Healthcare: (4 credits)
*ARP 420 – Global Impact of Radiant Energy and the Environment: (5 credits)
*ARP 430 – Strategic Leadership (Capstone Project) (6 credits)
- Core Courses must be taken in sequence
- You can be enrolled in no more than one core course per semester
- 15 Week duration for Core courses
11 Credit Hours must be completed for Elective Courses:
- 7 or 15 week duration for Elective courses
- Electives developed for post-licensure curriculum developed through imaging focused lens